My Knight build
xCenturion Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:55:20 PM(EST)
Man
Hello i have see the foroum and couldnt see any good post that talks about knight builds so i decided to make one, its my 1st post talking about builds ever. I apologize if my english isnt that good, just try to remember i want to help b4 start to comment bad stuffs and this is only my opinion.

Well the passives skills are similar to neverwinter which i used to play time ago and i learned from there that defensive build is bad XD but well i cant comparate that game with this one but still its a good base to understand the passives.

im lvl 32 right now and this is how it looks my passives at the moment:

Next thing im going to do is max "Pierce" which ignore the enemy def. and then max out "cold hearted" since ill have alrdy 20 points so i can get it.

Why did i choose those passives and no defensive ones?
Simple, since tank class is the one with the highest HP and defence i can use that to gain damage, saying that i always try to stack DMG>HP>DEF>VIT/STR in that order or it can change, it doesnt metter. i got "fighting spirit" to gain more hp which is more dmg and more survavility. Some other ppl that i know that played in CBT stacked hp and hp recovery so when he trie pvp every1 only did 10dmg to him with 550hp recov. every 5sec (lol), i havent tried that tho.

Some ppl says, that Robust Phsycs II in the defensive tree is good for a tank but to be honest, to spend 8skill points into it for only 5%def i dont think it worth it, in my opinion going defensive build makes u a potato bag, ull lack on dmg and u wont be able to kill any1 (im not sure about that im just guessing).

When the next cap comes im thinking to max out fatal strike (not sure if worth it because its going to be low %critical rate anyways) or put some points "into tolerance to impact" and "armor wild" in the defensive skills for pvp purposes.

I know there are interesting defensive skills like that evasion one or the block rate one that can be useful when u get, those 2 skills that increase block rate and evasion for a short period of time, but well its just meh for me because they dont give nice % in each skill etc etc. u know what i mean.

Speaking about support passives, i'd like to get that "quick movement" just for fun haha but i dont have enought points for it XD, also that "battle mastery" which gives VIT, just dont get it since 1vit=5hp so 25vit=125hp. its trash skill in my opinion, same thing goes for the str one.

Those are my stats at the moment using lvl 30 gear and def buff.

I think its pretty good for a tank having that much dmg, comparating it with the other post about fighter skill builds :P .

Anyways guys thx for reading, leave ur comments and suggestions below, u can ask me if u want in game to Centurion. 1 more thing, this is my current skill build so it could change since i dont use the pasive reset scroll yet.
xCenturion Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:59:50 PM(EST)
Man
maybe later when i get lvl 40 or next cap at lvl 45 i update this post
Slander Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:08:17 PM(EST)
Man
Midwest, USA
With my tank, i used the Evade/Block an attack...get 10/20% dmg reduction.

Im not sure its even worth it for end game, or a waste of points. But it seems like something a tanker would want.

xCenturion Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:36:52 PM(EST)
Man
well i havent any problem tanking as well but like u said maybe in end game ur build is usefull because bosses turn harder maybe? for now i think mobs in hc29 hits me around 250dmg ? not sure, so if 20%dmg drop that would be 200dmg not much difference when having +7k hp
Slander Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:36:06 PM(EST)
Man
Midwest, USA
xCenturion wrote:
well i havent any problem tanking as well but like u said maybe in end game ur build is usefull because bosses turn harder maybe? for now i think mobs in hc29 hits me around 250dmg ? not sure, so if 20%dmg drop that would be 200dmg not much difference when having +7k hp

Yeah, the only time i found it useful is when i aggro'd to many mobs. -50 dmg from 20 mobs is 1000HP.

I would assume end game bosses will get harder. Currently ive seen priests tank dungeons, as well as high HP glads

So hopefully end game will bring OP boss atks that creates a niche style rpg, where only tanks can tank. Not every class with VIT/HP items.

xCenturion Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:38:42 PM(EST)
Man
^agree
Kanye Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:20:46 PM(EST)
Man
Bronx, New York
Slander wrote:
xCenturion wrote:

Yeah, the only time i found it useful is when i aggro'd to many mobs. -50 dmg from 20 mobs is 1000HP.

I would assume end game bosses will get harder. Currently ive seen priests tank dungeons, as well as high HP glads

So hopefully end game will bring OP boss atks that creates a niche style rpg, where only tanks can tank. Not every class with VIT/HP items.

The bosses are not as OP, in later levels Knights get an update which makes them more reliable as tanks rather than Adventurers with shields and swords. Just wait on it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed